How to recreate an Outlook profile when Outlook desktop client is not opening or malfunctioning. However, users can see all folders and the messages with Outlook Web.
Windows 7 / Windows 10
Outlook 2013 / Outlook 2016
Create a new Outlook profile:
1) Close the Outlook client
2) Open the Control panel
3) Select Large icons from the View by: list
4) Select the Mail (32-bit) Icon
5) Click on Show Profiles...
6) Click Add... to add a new profile. You can call it CSCC or any desired name. Follow the prompts to set it up.
7) At the bottom, under Always use this profile, select the new profile from the list.
8) Open Outlook Desktop Client. It will take a while as it downloads the data from the server for first time use.
If the above doesn't resolve the issue, try the following.
Remove Outlook Data File and cached information:
1) Navigate to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook **If AppData is hidden, just type it in the location bar at the top.
2) Select All and Delete All.
3) Open the Outlook Desktop Client.
Author: Christopher Bunner
Create Date: 09:00 October 6, 2014
Modified Date: 09:00 October 6, 2014
Article ID: 110
Created On: Apr 16, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Last Updated On: Jun 19, 2019 at 1:32 PM
Authored by: E-Rob Ream [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Online URL: https://kb.cscc.edu/article/how-to-recreate-an-outlook-profile-110.html