How to Set Up Email on a Windows Phone or Tablet
- On Start, swipe left to the App list, select Settings, and then select email + accounts.
- Select add an account > Outlook.
- Enter your email address and password, and then select Sign in. Windows Phone will try to set up your email account automatically. If setup completes successfully, skip to step 8.
- If you see the message “Check your information and try again. You may have mistyped your password.”, verify that you entered the correct email address and password. At this stage, you don't need to specify any values for User name and Domain. Select Sign in. If setup completes successfully, skip to step 8.
- If your email account can't be set up automatically, you'll see the message, “We couldn't find your settings”. Select Advanced. You'll need to enter the following information:
Select the Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection box.
Select Sign in.
Select OK if Exchange ActiveSync asks you to enforce policies or set a password.
- E-mail address This is your full email access, for example email@example.com.
- Password This is the password for your email account.
- User name This is your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Domain This is the part of your email address after the @ sign, for example contoso.com.
- Server This is the name of your Exchange server. CSCC is using Office 365 email, so the server name will be outlook.office365.com.
Article ID: 469
Created On: Aug 30, 2016 at 10:17 AM
Last Updated On: Aug 30, 2016 at 10:17 AM
Authored by: Patricia Malloy [email@example.com]
Online URL: https://kb.cscc.edu/article/how-to-set-up-email-on-a-windows-phone-or-tablet-469.html